Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Amazon matches Walmart, drops free shipping minimum to $35
Feb 20, 2017 by Matt McGee
Move comes a year after the minimum price went up to $49, and just weeks after Walmart offered its own similar deal.
- Mark Zuckerberg’s manifesto: How Facebook will connect the world, beat fake news and pop the filter bubble
Feb 20, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The CEO describes the next phase of Facebook in a nearly 6,000-word missive.
- The Digital Marketer’s Guide to AI-Powered Conversion Rate Optimization
Feb 20, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Conversion rate optimization (CRO) is a data-driven methodology to help your business improve key metrics and grow. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or just starting to learn about CRO, this white paper from Sentient Technologies will tell you how AI can get you back to the critical parts of marketing.
- How to write PPC text ads in 2017’s sophisticated environment
Feb 20, 2017 by Matt Umbro
There are now so many ways to customize your search ads that optimization can seem complex. Columnist Matt Umbro discusses which components are likely to make the biggest impact on your CTR and conversion rates.
- Report: E-commerce accounted for 11.7% of total retail sales in 2016, up 15.6% over 2015
Feb 20, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The US Department of Commerce reports total e-commerce sales in 2016 reached $394.9 billion.
- Facebook Jobs makes having a Page that much more valuable for SMBs
Feb 20, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Company seeks to make local employee recruiting easier, generate more SMB loyalty and perhaps some additional revenue in the process.
- Turn your email challenges into opportunities to get more personal
Feb 20, 2017 by James Green
Columnist James Green discusses how data can be used to create personalized email marketing strategies that enhance — and are enhanced by — your other digital marketing activities.
- Snap starts selling Spectacles, accessories online ahead of IPO
Feb 20, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Snap’s video-recording glasses have not brought in significant revenue, but with easier access for customers, maybe now they might.
- A 9-step guide to increase your landing page conversion rate
Feb 20, 2017 by Khalid Saleh
How do you improve your landing page conversion rate? Contributor Khalid Saleh lays out nine steps that will help you optimize landing pages and, in turn, generate leads.
- MarTech Landscape: What are VAST and VPAID?
Feb 20, 2017 by Barry Levine
Short answer: They help to make the video ad ecosystem possible.
- The 4 truths of programmatic marketing
Feb 20, 2017 by Malcolm Cox
As we enter an era of data and social science coming together, contributor Malcolm Cox takes a look at how communication planning has changed over the past decade and the lessons that can be adapted to the Programmatic Age.
- Reports: Digital, especially mobile, driving trillions in offline retail spending
Feb 17, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Mobile-influenced in-store buying alone already over $1 trillion.
- Grow customer loyalty and usability with in-app real-time personalization
Feb 17, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Content optimization, real-time personalization and responsive iterations are some of the tactics that can help you grow your revenue and increase customer loyalty. This white paper from Insert will show you several examples of personalization tactics applied to apps that can help you fight churn, increase user satisfaction and meet your business KPIs.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- Amazon promises 15,000 new full-time jobs in Europe amid regulatory scrutiny, VentureBeat
- Apple buys Israel’s facial recognition firm RealFace – report, The Times of Israel
- Bill Gates is still mixing it up at Microsoft in his spare time: ‘I love what’s going on there – it’s fun’, GeekWire
- Snap, Inc.’s Head of Revenue Products, Sriram Krishnan, Leaves the Company, MarTech Advisor
- Yahoo announced global content partnerships with The Telegraph, the guardian, The Independent, Evening Standard and Hearst UK, Yahoo
- 4 Content Marketing Things That Turn Off Your Audience, Content Marketing Institute
- B2B Content KPIs: What Are Your Startup’s Goals?, CopyPressed
- How Snackable Is Your Content?, UXmatters
- How to Build Trust and Enhance Your Influence with Content Marketing, Copyblogger
- How to Create a Promotional eBook for Your WordPress Website (in 4 Steps), WPExplorer
- The Current State of Content Marketing, The Blog Herald
- The Most Provocative Question Regarding Your Content, Compukol
- What Is Content Marketing? Definition, Importance, & Examples, MediaKix
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Published at Mon, 20 Feb 2017 21:10:28 +0000