Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Super Bowl LI advertisers: Here are the brands gearing up for game day
Jan 24, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Marketing Land is keeping track of this year’s Super Bowl LI brands, with updates as new advertisers and campaign details are announced.
- Oracle complains to EU that Google now has unfair ad-targeting advantage
Jan 24, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The company argues that Google’s ability to combine datasets exceeds rivals.
- 7 easy wins to add to your email marketing to-do list
Jan 24, 2017 by Chad White
Looking to step up your email marketing program this year? From animated GIFs to responsive email design, columnist Chad White shares seven ways to give your email marketing a boost.
- Sales, awareness of Amazon Echo skyrocket in Q4, analysts say
Jan 24, 2017 by Matt McGee
Amazon’s aggressive marketing push and price discounts appear to be paying off.
- Zvelo releases ‘first free bot detection service’
Jan 24, 2017 by Barry Levine
The new service from the Denver-area detector of malicious data can show percentages of non-human traffic to ads or sites.
- Shopping centers reinvented: 2017 and beyond
Jan 24, 2017 by Allan Haims
From parklike atmospheres to in-store mobile offerings, columnist Allan Haims explains how shopping centers can shake up the brick-and-mortar experience to stay relevant.
- Trump’s tweets dampen social sentiment toward brands, even when they’re nice
Jan 24, 2017 by Tim Peterson
When @realDonaldTrump mentions a brand, positive social media sentiment around that brand declines, according to an analysis by 4C.
- Report: Digital ad spend growth slowed in 2016; Snapchat overtook Pinterest
Jan 24, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Retail and consumer electronics pulled back from digital in favor of TV in Q4, according to Standard Media Index.
- Google starts releasing live Android Instant Apps
Jan 24, 2017 by Barry Schwartz
BuzzFeed, Wish, Periscope and Viki are the first Android apps released with Android Instant App availability.
- Report: By end of 2017 there will be more than 30 million voice assistants in US homes
Jan 23, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Voice app retention turns out to be a bigger problem on intelligent assistant devices than on smartphones.
- Yahoo beats Q4 earnings expectations, pushes closing of Verizon deal into Q2
Jan 23, 2017 by Greg Sterling
MaVeNS (mobile, video, native, social) properties and ad units generated over $2 billion for the year, or 39 percent of total revenue.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
Display & Contextual Advertising
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 139 Facts About Instagram, www.adweek.com
- 3 Tips To Better Understand Your Facebook Audiences, www.ppchero.com
- 5 Ways to Sell More Products via Social Media, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Create Your Own Snapchat Geofilter, www.copypress.com
- Facebook’s Creative Shop: What Can It Do For Small Businesses (And Itself)?, www.fastcompany.com
- Getting Extra Mileage From Your Social Media Engagement, www.compukol.com
- Here’s How You Can Post To Instagram From Your Computer, www.socialmediaexplorer.com
- How to Become a Social Media Marketing Superstar, www.adweek.com
- How to Make Use of Pinterest’s Shopping Features, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Instagram Emoji Study – Emojis lead to higher interactions, www.quintly.com
- Snapchat Lets Advertisers Buy Ads Based On Nielsen Ratings, adage.com
Published at Tue, 24 Jan 2017 21:00:22 +0000