Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- How to build links without creating content: 5 examples
Jan 18, 2017 by Andrew Dennis
Link building and content marketing often complement each other, but columnist Andrew Dennis notes that there are plenty of ways to build links, even if you don’t have the resources to create content.
- Three concepts to help you hit this year’s targets
Jan 18, 2017 by Jose Cebrian
Columnist Jose Cebrian explains how taking risks, connecting your marketing and developing an analytics mindset can give you a leg up in 2017.
- Methbot: The beginning of the end for digital ad fraud
Jan 18, 2017 by Alex Bornyakov
The recent Methbot scam should act as a wake-up call for advertisers, and columnist Alex Bornyakov provides steps you can take to protect yourself.
- Mind the store: Using AdWords to drive offline sales
Jan 18, 2017 by Matt Lawson
Store visits from online ads can be reported in AdWords. Columnist and Googler Matt Lawson explains what you should be doing with this info — and how you can get similar insights even without qualifying for store visit conversions.
- YouTube’s Top 10 Super Bowl ads since 2008: Anheuser-Busch’s Budweiser & Bud Light earn 3 spots
Jan 18, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
With Budweiser at No. 1 and No. 4 and Bud Light at No. 8, the beverage company was the only advertiser to have multiple appearances in the top 10 list.
- MarTech Landscape: What is RTIM?
Jan 18, 2017 by Barry Levine
Real-Time Interaction Management describes the central goal of digital marketing.
- Adobe Marketing Cloud adds features, partnerships to bring brick-and-mortar deeper into digital
Jan 18, 2017 by Barry Levine
The announcements highlight the continued evolution of ‘brick-and-bits’ stores.
- 5 tips for gaining a competitive advantage with your enterprise mobile app strategy
Jan 18, 2017 by Bridget Roman
How effective is your enterprise mobile app strategy? Contributor Bridget Roman dives into the results from an Adobe survey to uncover tips to keep you a step ahead of the competition.
- Wix Super Bowl LI campaign comes out strong with Jason Statham & Gal Gadot throwing punches
Jan 18, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
The brand launched its first Super Bowl teaser ad this year on Facebook and YouTube Live.
- What I’ve learned from growing and unfollowing over 250,000 followers on Twitter
Jan 18, 2017 by Travis Wright
Why would you want to purge your Twitter feed? Columnist Travis Wright explains how Twitter helped him build industry relationships — and why he decided to start over.
- 6 best practices for building a developer community
Jan 18, 2017 by Josh Aberant
How can a marketer build a strong following of developers who’ll embrace and even evangelize your products? Contributor Josh Aberant offers answers.
- Instagram accounted for 70% of GQ’s social revenue last year
Jan 18, 2017 by Tim Peterson
GQ has used branded posts and, recently, links in Stories to make more money through Instagram than any other social platform.
- TripAdvisor adds new enhanced listings features for hotels, restaurants
Jan 18, 2017 by Greg Sterling
“Business Advantage” and “Premium for Restaurants” programs designed to boost subscription revenues.
- Create new possibilities for your SEO & SEM campaigns
Jan 17, 2017 by Marketing Land
2016 brought incredible developments in both SEO and SEM. From the emergence of AI to search engine algorithm changes, new formats like ETAs, call extensions and voice search, the complexity of managing SEO and SEM has become more complex than ever.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 20 Things Your Business Still Doesn’t Get About Hyperlocal Marketing, smallbiztrends.com
- 5 Ways to Create an Authentic Social Presence, simplymeasured.com
- 6 Steps to a Successful Social Influencer Marketing Campaign, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- 9 Social Media Goals You Can Set for Your Business (and How to Track Them), blog.bufferapp.com
- Facebook Audience Segmentation by LTV for Supercharged ROI, 3qdigital.com
- Facebook replaces its old inbox with the web version of Messenger, techcrunch.com
- Facebook’s New Dynamic Ads Update Steps Up the Remarketing Game, authoritylabs.com
- Five Charts Showing Where Social Publishing Is Going In 2017, www.newswhip.com
- Here’s What Marketers Can Expect From Pinterest in 2017, www.adweek.com
- How to Market Through A Brand Facebook Group, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Introducing ad groups for more control over your Pinterest campaigns, business.pinterest.com
- Making Small Social Media Profile Tweaks for Huge Results, www.compukol.com
- Social Media Storytelling: Tools & Features to Use In 2017, outspokenmedia.com
- Survey Finds US Teens Upped Daily Facebook Usage in 2016, www.emarketer.com
- Twitter is phasing out the “Buy” button, will continue to offer donations, techcrunch.com
- Why Brands Should Include Social Video in Their Super Bowl Ad Spend, www.adweek.com
- A virtual trek through Petra with Google Cardboard , https://blog.google/products/maps
- Branded Social Video: 46% of Consumers Confirm They Made a Purchase After Watching, tubularinsights.com
- Facebook May Be Pulling Back On Live; The New York Times Releases 2020 Group Report, adexchanger.com
- Google Image Search Starts Playing YouTube Videos, googlesystem.blogspot.com
- How to Tell When Live Video is Right for Your Company, blog.epicosity.com
- Online Video Changes The Way Super Bowl Advertisers Gauge Their Big Game Buy, adexchanger.com
- Snapchat Is Now Pitching Brands on Sequential Video Ads, www.adweek.com
- Thanks for Another Incredible Year – Here’s to an exciting 2017!, youtube-creators.googleblog.com
- The Live Blog: January 18, 2017, media.fb.com
- The YouTube Advertising Guide, blog.crazyegg.com
- Vimeo rolls out tools that let reviewers provide time-coded feedback and notes on individual frames, venturebeat.com
- What Content Creators Need to Know About Twitter Relaunching Vine as Vine Camera, www.adweek.com
- Why Beacons and Virtual Reality Should Be Part of Every Marketer’s Toolbox, www.cmswire.com
- YouTube adds new in-app messaging feature on iOS and Android in Canada, techcrunch.com
Published at Wed, 18 Jan 2017 21:00:15 +0000