Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Growing your agency with retainer-based relationships
Feb 15, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Uncover some of the secrets behind building successful, ongoing relationships with clients – including leveraging marketing automation. In this white paper from Sharp Spring, you will: hear about the many benefits of retainer-based business; get tips on how to approach client relationships; and learn how to identify which clients are a good fit.
- Top 10 video creators in January: Unilad & The LAD Bible keep the lead, both driving 4B+ views
Feb 15, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
According to Tubular Insights, the top 100 video brands and creators generated a combined 67.3 billion views last month.
- Marketers, think outside the list
Feb 15, 2017 by Jose Cebrian
Columnist Jose Cebrian believes it’s time to think of customer data as an “audience” instead of a “list,” but it will require meaningful measurement of that data and navigation of a multitude of tools.
- How to use psychological principles to improve ad copy
Feb 15, 2017 by Jason Puckett
Columnist Jason Puckett explains how you can apply knowledge about human behavior to improve ad copy and increase click-through rate.
- Seasonal and holiday link building
Feb 15, 2017 by Andrew Dennis
It’s not too early to start thinking about Valentine’s Day 2018! Columnist Andrew Dennis explains how to structure a link-building campaign for success during crucial seasonal periods and provides an outline for preparing 12 months in advance.
- How to spice up your TrueView audience strategy on YouTube
Feb 15, 2017 by Anna Shirley
Columnist Anna Shirley provides tips for enhancing your YouTube video ads using some new (and not-so-new) AdWords features.
- Forrester: Virtual Reality is not yet ready for marketers
Feb 15, 2017 by Barry Levine
The research firm says it’s at least five years from being a mass consumer medium, although augmented reality, 360-degree video and mixed reality are acting as stepping stones.
- PullString now allows marketers to choose their intent engine
Feb 15, 2017 by Barry Levine
The bot conversation platform says it’s the first to allow this kind of selection.
- Improving the social shopping experience: Facebook Shoppable Feed ads
Feb 15, 2017 by Laura Collins
Facebook recently started testing product ads that let retailers showcase multi-product imagery within the news feed. Contributor Laura Collins takes a look at the format and explains why it’s time for your brand to hop on board.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
Copywriting, Design & Usability
General Internet Marketing
Internet Marketing Industry
- 12 Social Media Marketing Predictions for 2017 From the Pros, Social Media Examiner
- A Reference Guide to Marketing On All Social Channels, Social Media Explorer
- Facebook appeals to Texas reporters during local journalism roadshow, Columbia Journalism Review
- Say Yes to the Pin: Pinterest Users Save 900 Million Wedding-Related Pins Every Year, Adweek
- The Truth About How Often to Post in Social Media, Convince and Convert
- Up Your Social Media Game With This Handy Reference Guide: The When, How, and Where of Social Posting, Search Influence
- What Is the Real Cost of Instagram Influence?, Adweek
- Why Snapchat misses the influencer mark, for now, Digiday
Published at Wed, 15 Feb 2017 21:10:53 +0000